A year in the life of Scottish Artist, Jane Hunter.
- Ordnance Survey feature my work in their blog: Celebrating Maps as Art
- Jonathan Crowe kindly features my work in his popular blog about maps: The Map Room
- On a perfect Monday afternoon, Sam & I visit Craignish Point in Argyll and enjoy the tranquility of this remote peninsula.
- In an attempt to gear up for next months visit to Skye, we spend a day on one of the Southern Highland's finest wee hills: Ben A'an, Trossachs.
- On another spectacular Spring day we head around Loch Lomond and Arrochar visiting the gorgeous Mansefield Studios and get another few miles under our boots.
- Studio night out at the Country 2 Country Music Festival at the Hydro in Glasgow. Our own Ricky Ross introduces Ashley Monroe and Miranda Lambert.
- Flying visit to Assynt, to install my exhibition at The Rock Stop, North West Highlands Geopark.
- Our new, local tennis facility was officially opened by Judy Murray, we gave her a wee gift.
- Our family holiday, for the second year running, in a beautiful cottage on the Isle of Skye.
- Released my second collection of Mini-Originals.
- A hot, sweaty, midge-infested hike up Beinn Narnain, Arrochar.
- An immediate response to the EU Referendum vote: 'Haud Oan'
- New Zealand Map Commission
- Invited to work with VisitScotland to establish their new online community forum.
- Geological Map of Raasay Commission
- Day trip to Pitlochry, lunch at the Moulin Inn, and hours spent viewing the Osprey nest at Scottish Wildlife Trusts, Loch of the Lowes near Dunkeld. Watch the live webcam of the nest.
- Contour Map Commission, Glen Tanar.
- Feature in Scottish Field Magazine.
- Wedding gift art commission: Orcas Island
- National Newspaper Front Cover Design Competition.
- Launch of my new website.
- Reflecting on the EU Referendum vote and subsequent, frightening xenophobia, I made this.
- Short break with the family to Isle of Arran.
- Gallery refurb.
- Another inspiring trip to the spectacular North West Highlands Geopark at the end of my 2016 Exhibition.
- Two new art commissions:
- I launched a wee campaign to combat the Black Friday Sales and encourage people to consider shopping with their local artist and makers.
- Launch of River Cities, Studio Collection. Hand-crafted pieces from my studio which sit at a price point between prints and originals...
...and a few new original pieces.
Phew! Thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout the past year.
Sign up for my newsletter [below] to get notifications on what's coming up in 2017!